Za’atar Grilled Chicken Wings with Fava Bean Feta Dip
- 24 pieces chicken wings, both drumsticks and wings
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl make the marinade by mixing the spices (with the exception of the za’atar), water, red onions, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice together.
- Add the chicken wings, coat in the marinade, and let sit in the marinade in the refrigerator for at least overnight. We left it marinating for 24 hours and are convinced that was even better.
- Heat the grill to 400F
- Drain the marinade. Add 3 tablespoons of za’atar and mix together until wings are coated. More may be needed to fully coat the wings.
- Grill the wings for about 25 minutes, flipping over once or twice halfway. Once cooked remove from the heat, sprinkle with another tablespoon of za’atar.
- Enjoy with dip outlined below!!
Fava Bean Feta Dip
- 1 1/2cups Frozen fava beans (with shell, or 1/2 cup shelled)
- 1 cup Labneh (can sub for greek yogurt or sour cream)
- 3 ounces feta (I used goat feta, can use normal feta also)
- Juice of half of a lemon
- If they still have the shell, boil the fava beans for 8-10 minutes until soft. Then shell and throw out the shells. If already shelled then can boil for only 4 minutes. Drain.
- Blend the boiled fava beans, labneh, feta, and juice of half of a lemon using a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.