Why we decided it was a good idea to heat up the grill to 400F when it is 100F outside is beyond me. But the results were worth it. The hubby and I love halloumi. I never really had it until I started dating him, but now it is one of my favorite cheeses. It is a little salty, chewy, and best of all can be grilled or fried. Now it has become a staple in our refrigerator. So when we got beautiful peaches in our CSA this morning I knew I had to use them.
We are always looking for quick, healthy, fresh meals and sides and this one fit that picture. The sweet peaches pair really well with the slightly salty halloumi and the mint gives it a little extra hint of freshness.
Grilled Halloumi, Peach, and Mint “Caprese”
- 8 oz halloumi cheese
- 2 large peaches
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of roughly chopped mint
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Drizzle the peach halves with olive oil, pulp side up, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Heat grill to 450F.
- Grill the halloumi until grill marks appear, flip over and do the same on other side.
- Grill the peaches, pulp side down, until grill marks appear (about 10 minutes)
- Let the peaches cool a bit, cut into slices, arrange on plate with halloumi and sprinkle with chopped mint. Enjoy!